When starting this project I had no idea what I was going to choose for my project. I had liked the pictures that my group had take for the previous project but I really wanted to try something else. I was in my friends dorm room just shooting pictures when I got an idea to put a bottle of contact solution in the sink and turn the water on. I found out that this made for a really cool shot. I decided to go with this picture and play around on photoshop. I tried to look at a bunch of helpful sites online which showed you how to make cool effects but they were all very difficult and proved to be too much for my picture. Instead I decided to just keep it simple and focus on the product rather than the cool effects. The three tools I used the most were the text, the sharpen, and the blur tool. I used dafont to find a font that suited my watery look. I was able to find one with a bunch of bubbles coming from the letters so I went with that. I then played around with the colors to see which ones looked the best. After putting all the text around I tried different color schemes to try and spice up my picture but nothing seemed to work. Instead I focused on the water that was already in the shot and decided to use the sharpen tool to help make the water and bubbles to be in better focus. I then made my logo and decided to smudge the letters for a cool effect. All in all i was actually slightly disapointed with my work. I had wanted to make my picture look really cool but it proved to be much more difficult than I had thought. Luckily this is a learning experience and with more practice I hopefully will be able to make better ads.
Bausch and Lomb8 03 2010